GET A FREE
COMPARE AUTO INSURANCE QUOTES IN MINUTES FROM MULTIPLE INSURERS
Women and cars
Addison car insurance quotes
Compare car insurance quotes from Addison, Texas and save
Finding the lowest auto insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. Use the free rate comparison
service at Kanetix.com to request quotes from multiple insurance companies. You'll receive the quotes by email within minutes. Compare them side by side to discover which insurer offers the best deal for the coverages you need. It's fast, simple, and easy. It's also the best way to save money year after year.
Addison is a small town located north of Dallas. It encompasses less than 4.5 square miles of land and is home to more than 15,000 people. During a typical day, however, the population in the city swells to over 100,000.
The surge in the number of people who visit Addison during the day is largely due to the long list of growing businesses in the city. Among them are nearly 200 restaurants and 22 hotels. In addition, nearly 200 acres have been dedicated to parkland.
Half of the city's land mass is taken up by the Addison Airport, which supports general aviation activities. It has the distinction of being the third-largest airport of its kind in the U.S.
The climate in Addison is identical to that of the surrounding Dallas County. Referred to as humid subtropical, it is characterized by hot summers with high humidity and mild-to-warm winters. Summer temperatures commonly reach the upper 90s °F and often pass the 100-degree mark. During the spring, warm air from the Gulf Coast crashes into cold air coming from the North to generate thunderstorms and torrential rainfall.
The biggest attraction in Addison is the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. Its 50,000 square feet of space showcases vintage aircraft and aviation-related artifacts dating back to World War I. Most of the other sites of interest are found in nearby Dallas.
Addison residents who get around by car can travel the many highways and interstates that cut through Dallas. Those who prefer not to drive can make use of Dallas's public transportation options. Rail and bus services are provided by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART).
Motorist laws in Texas mandate that all drivers carry a minimum amount of liability auto insurance coverage. The current requirements are as follows and pertain to a single accident::
● $30,000 for each person injured
● $60,000 for all persons injured
● $25,000 for property damage.
According to the Insurance Research Council (IRC), nearly 15 percent of motorists in the state lack liability insurance. For that reason, it's a good idea to consider purchasing uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
There were 227 traffic collisions in Addison in 2012. One person died and 51 people suffered serious injuries. While the number of accidents is relatively low as a percentage of the city's population, it underscores the importance of carrying liability insurance.
Buying an auto insurance policy is the most common and affordable way to comply with the state's financial responsibility laws. But there are other options. Any of the following methods will satisfy the current laws:
● Buy a bond from two guarantors (sureties), both of whom own property in Texas. The amount of the bond must equal the minimum liability insurance coverages mandated in the state.
● Deposit $55,000 in cash or securities with the state Comptroller.
● Deposit $55,000 in cash or cashier's check with the county judge in the county in which your vehicle is registered.
● Apply for a certificate to self-insure from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). To qualify for this option, you must be able to show proof that 25 or more vehicles are registered in your name.
If you are found at fault for a car accident, you can be sued for damages in Texas. Liability auto insurance mitigates that risk. You can purchase coverage directly from a major insurer or through an agent who works with the state's largest insurance companies.
Bear in mind that rates vary considerably from company to company. The only way to be sure that you're receiving the best possible price for your coverages is to compare quotes from multiple insurers. Do so each year to minimize the cost of your insurance while enjoying the peace of mind it brings.
City Of Addison General Information
- Population: 15,179 (2012)
- Population of males: 7,565 (49.8%)
- Population of females: 7,614 (50.2%)
- Population density: 3,429 people per square mile
- Median resident age (Addison): 32.5 years
- Median resident age (Texas): 40.8 years
- Median household income (2011):
- Median house or condo value (2011):
- Demographic profile:
● White: 6,991 (53.5%)
● Hispanic: 3,290 (25.2%)
● African American: 1,498 (11.5%)
● Asian: 964 (7.4%)
● Two or more races: 233 (1.8%)
● American Indian: 39 (0.3%)
● Other race: 36 (0.3%)
● Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 5 (0.04%)
- Unemployment rate (2013):
- Tourist attractions:
Cavanaugh Flight Museum
- Crime stats per 100,000 people (2012):
Auto Thefts: 787.6
Affordable car insurance agents Texas
If the brokers below cannot help you with your Insurance needs, maybe we can. Please enter your zip code.
Local Addison Insurance Agents
Add or modify your business listing
Add or modify your business listing
Local auto insurance quotes in your area
Kanetix.com can help you find an insurance company to provide you with auto insurance quotes for car insurance coverage in all the following ZIP codes in Addison: 75001.